.NET 4.6.2 cannot be installed
The Design Tool 2.9.0 requires that .NET 4.6.2 is installed, and should be installed automatically with the Design Tool installation executable. If the .NET 4.6.2 installation fails, it may be due to there are other previous installations required that the computer to be restarted before installing .NET 4.6.2. To solve this case, reboot the computer and then start the FLDT installation again.
DirectX 9 cannot be installed
Sometimes the Design Tool installation fails due to that it cannot install the necessary Direct X 9.0 drivers, and the installation stops as it requires that it is installed. To go around this issue, you can download the Direct X 9.0 redistribution package and install it manually. This will allow the Design Tool installation to skip installing DirectX 9.0 and continue installing the main application.
- Download the Direct X 9.0 Redistribution package from Microsoft
- Start the installation by clicking on it
- Enter a temporary folder (note that it will be filled by 150 files) and press OK
- After it has unpacked all files go to the temporary folder
- Click on DxSetup.exe to install Direct X 9.0
- Wait until all files have been installed correctly
- Restart the Design Tool installation, and the installer should skip the DirectX 9.0 installation
DirectX 11 and DirectX 9
The Design Tool requires that DirectX 9 is installed, even if DirectX 11 is already installed. DirectX 9 provides other graphic drivers that DirectX 11 does not provide. It is possible to have both DirectX 11 and DirectX 9 installed at the same time.