DirectX 9 cannot be installed
Sometimes the Design Tool installation fails due to that it cannot install the necessary Direct X 9.0 drivers, and the installation stops as it requires that it is installed. To go around this issue, you can download the Direct X 9.0 redistribution package and install it manually. This will allow the Design Tool installation to skip installing DirectX 9.0 and continue installing the main application.
- Download the Direct X 9.0 Redistribution package from Microsoft
- Start the installation by clicking on it
- Enter a temporary folder (note that it will be filled by 150 files) and press OK
- After it has unpacked all files go to the temporary folder
- Click on DxSetup.exe to install Direct X 9.0
- Wait until all files have been installed correctly
- Restart the Design Tool installation, and the installer should skip the DirectX 9.0 installation
DirectX 11 and DirectX 9
The Design Tool requires that DirectX 9 is installed, even if DirectX 11 is already installed. DirectX 9 provides other graphic drivers that DirectX 11 does not provide. It is possible to have both DirectX 11 and DirectX 9 installed at the same time.